1776 has been a McHenry County favorite for over twenty years. Since our beginning, we have embraced the farm to table philosophy, using locally sourced and organically grown food products.
We make our own cured bacon, nitrate free.
Gluten-free breads and pot-pies are baked daily.
PICA (Pride in Crystal Lake) Award Winner
2017 Best New Restaurant - Open Table
2017 Award of Excellence - Trip Advisor
Zagat Rated for 19 years (since 1997)
Northwest Herald’s Best of Fine Dining Award winner for 10 years
One of the Chicago Sun-Times’ Top 10 Best Restaurant Award winners.
Owned and operated by Rhienna McClain Trevino since the end of 2016. Purchasing the restaurant from original owners Andy & Terry Andresky. The American Dream has become a reality. Being able to provide a comfortable and safe place to dine for everyone.
1776 has been a Wine Spectator National Award winner for 20 consecutive years, (since 1995) and has an incredible, comprehensive wine selection.
- Sep 3, 2017 CLOSED LABOR DAY - 9.4.17
- Jun 30, 2017 CLOSED FOR 3RD & 4TH OF JULY
- May 15, 2017 Closed for Remodeling!
- Dec 30, 2016 New Year's Eve Specials
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- Apr 26, 2016 Cinco de Mayo Special Menu
- Apr 10, 2016 Planit Save! Support the NW Herald and 1776, $40 Gift Certificate for 50% off!
- March 2016
- December 2015
- Nov 9, 2015 Crystal Lake Brewing Beer Dinner (No Turkey Served)
- Nov 6, 2015 Materra Wine Dinner Napa Valley @ 1776
- Nov 3, 2015 1776’s 100-MILE DINNER
- Oct 29, 2015 American Corn Whiskey
- Aug 24, 2015 1776 Featured in McHenry County Magazine